Time: 08:00 - 17:00
Imagine a route within the unique “alleys” of Molyvos, beneath the majestic Wisteria, surrounded by colorful gardens and mansions… next to stone fountains and monuments of cultural significance… through the historic market place with its shops, taverns with hanging balconies overlooking the Aegean…from the traditional port up to the Byzantine castle. Now let’s make this a reality… by bike!
All this is included in the 2nd Molivos Urban MTB Race, an event organized by the Municipality of Lesvos, in collaboration with The Molyvos Tourism Association and with the support of Lesvos Ride. On May 24, 2015 everything will be ready for cyclists and spectators to enjoy the major cycling event of the year.
The start commencement of the long-route race will take place at the main street of Molyvos, “Michael Goutou” at 11.00 am.
1) Junior from 15 to 18 years of age
2) Men from 18 to 40 years of age
3) Veterans from 40 years old and up
4) Women for women of all ages
Following the completion of the long-route race and until the announcement of the final results, the category for children from 12 to 15 years of age will race upon a shorter route and finally the category MINI for children up to 10 years of age will take place on an even shorter and safer route.
RULES AND CONDITIONS
• A prerequisite for participation is the completion of “A Statement of Acknowledgement and Affirmation” by adults and for children, the presence of a parent or official guardian is necessary. The ‘Statement of Acknowledgement and Affirmation” can be printed HERE.
• HELMETS MUST BE WORN THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE DURATION OF THE RACE AND PARTICIPANTS FOUND NOT WEARING A HELMET WILL BE CANCELLED AUTOMATICALLY..
• The participation fee amounts to 15 € and is valid only for the long route and for the categories: Junior, Men, Women and Veterans. Children under 15 years of age racing upon the two smaller paths will not pay any participation fees.
• The cost of participation will be reduced to 10€ for competitors competing on the long route who will register by Thursday, May 21, 2015. Applications may be downloaded or filled out online from The Molyvos Tourism Association website. All competitors will receive commemorative certificates of participation.
In the following period, updates will be provided regarding the tracks as well as regarding the weekend accommodation package-deals.
For details and more information in reference to the race, contact Tel: +30 698 068 11 84 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org